Since completion of my Vascular Surgery training in 1995, I have devoted my clinical activities to Vascular Surgery alone. As I rose through the clinical and academic ranks, I eventually assumed the role of Director of Vascular Surgery at University Hospital in Newark New Jersey. One of my charges as the Director of the Division of Vascular Surgery was clinical program development.
In 2010, I became the Chair of Surgery at The Brooklyn Hospital Center, Brooklyn, N.Y.. Over the past 5+ years, I built a Department consisting of 15 full time, 10 part-time and numerous voluntary surgeons. I developed numerous Departmental and inter-disciplinary clinical programs that increased hospital volume and revenue.
- MD, UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School: Camden 9/1985 to 5/1987
- BA, St. Georges School of Medicine: Grenada 9/1983 to 5/1985
- BA, Rutgers University: New Brunswick 8/1979 to 5/1983
- General Surgery Residency. Cooper Hospital University Medical Center: Camden, New Jersey
- Vascular Surgery Residency. UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School Vascular Surgery Residency, Newark, New Jersey
- Clinical Instructor II. UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School, Newark, N.J.
Awards & Recognition
- Surgical Resident’s teaching award, The Brooklyn Hospital Center, General Surgery Residency Program. 2014
- Best Basic Science Venous Disease Research Paper for 2010 from the Vascular Disease Foundation/P.A.D. Coalition. 2010
- Distinguished Reviewer: Journal of Vascular Surgery. 2001
- Society for Vascular Surgery: Distinguished Fellow. 2000
- E.J. Wylie Traveling Fellowship from the Lifeline Foundation. 1997-1998
- Surgical Residents’ Teaching Award, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey-New Jersey Medical School. 1997
- JOBST Research Fellowship in Venous and Lymphatic Disease of the American Venous Forum Foundation. 1995
- New Jersey Vascular Society Resident’s Research Award. 1994
- Cooper Hospital University Medical Center Surgery Department Resident Research Award. 1993
- New Jersey American College of Surgeons Resident’s Trauma Research Competition. 1991
- Golden Apple Teaching Award from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School Camden Medical Students. 1987