LVF takes a great pride to present the annual Sushrutha Award, which recognizes those who have helped improve the care of patients with venous disorders and includes an $10,000 donation from LVF to the charity or cause of the recipient’s choice
Above & Beyond
Service to patients suffering from venous disorders. In grateful appreciation for a life spent dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of venous disease. Thank you for your unwavering dedication to furthering the science and techniques for the effective treatment of deep venous disease. Your leadership and courage have lit the way for us all
For ‘Above & Beyond’ service to patients suffering from venous disorders
2021 Recipient: Nicos Labropoulos, PhD
- Currently a professor of Surgery and Radiology at Stony Brook University Hospital, Long Island, NY.
- Director of the Vascular Laboratory and has a major interest in pathophysiology, diagnosis and treatment of vascular diseases.
- Has been awarded multiple grants for clinical and basic science studies, many prizes in medical and surgical meetings around the world.
- Has more than 200 publications, has been cited over 7000 times and has given over 1000 presentations around the world.
- He has been working on vascular imaging, aortic wall remodeling, cerebrovascular disease, the development and natural history of chronic venous disorders and venous thromboembolism including the inflammatory pathways in both.
- He is a co-founder of the International Vascular Foundation, of the Institute of Vascular Diseases and Venous Health Foundation.
2020 Recipient: Mr. Dean Bender
- Became Executive Director for the AVLS and FVLD on July 1, 2017.
- Over 30 years’ in global business management.
- Experience in the field of venous and lymphatic medicine.
- Served as Vice President of Business Development and Marketing for medi USA, President of CircAid, Vice President of Global Research & Development at BSN medical, and business director for Bayer Chemicals.
- In addition, Bender has been a member of the venous community for 13 years, serving as a board member and treasurer for FVLD and member of AVLS since 2008.
2019 Recipient: Dr. Seshadri Raju
- Specializes in venous and lymphatic diseases at The Rane Center in Jackson Mississippi.
- Widely recognized for his landmark contributions to the hemodynamics, diagnosis and treatment of venous disease.
- A pioneer of venous stenting which has revolutionized care of venous disease.
- Founding member of the American Venous Forum, the premier organization for venous disease, and a Distinguished Fellow of the Society for Vascular Surgery.
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and a member of numerous other national and international specialty societies in Transplantation, Vascular Surgery and Phlebology.
- He has over 250 wide ranging publications including peer reviewed articles, a book on Venous Surgery (Williams & Wilkins).
If your organization shares the internal principles and beliefs of our foundation, please join our open platform and apply the formGet Involved